Skiplane fly-in portion of event canceled due to lack of snow
EAA AVIATION CENTER, OSHKOSH, Wisconsin — (February 7, 2024) — While EAA’s Winter Flight Fest will feature a variety of hands-on activities for families to enjoy, the skiplane fly-in has been canceled due to a lack of snow. This includes the skiplane fly-in make-up date of February 17. All other museum activities will still take place this Saturday, February 10 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and are included with regular museum admission. The museum activities include:
- Wright Flyer simulator – Take the controls of the first powered airplane at Kitty Hawk
- Paper airplane launcher – Fold your best creation and see how it flies
- Aviator BINGO – Join an aviation-themed BINGO game with a twist.
- Pararescue challenge, where kids design a miniature parachute and test it in a wind tunnel
- Indoor model airplane flying – Discover what it takes to build and fly a radio-control model
- Rotorcrafting – build your own helicopter with a working rotor from recycled household materials
The peak hours will likely fall between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. This event is well-attended by local families, making it a great story for your audience.
Contact the EAA Communication staff if interested:
EAA Director of Communications
EAA Communications Specialist
About EAA Aviation Museum
The EAA Aviation Museum is located just off Interstate 41 at the Highway 44 exit in Oshkosh. The museum is open daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. EAA members receive free museum admission year-round. For more information, call the EAA Aviation Museum at (920) 426-4818 or visit www.EAA.org/museum.