According to a recent report from AARP, many senior travelers are interested in romantic getaways. A survey conducted by AARP indicates that while just 15 percent of those surveyed have recently taken such a trip, the survey offered some insight that can be useful when marketing this type of getaway. According to the AARP, the trips are about “being together, away from day-to-day distractions, and finding intimacy through communication and shared experiences.”
The survey found:
- The accommodations are very important to setting the mood; it’s about the property overall and a beautiful view.
- Some (40%) will bring special clothing and/or wine and champagne to help set the mood - but not much of anything else.
- The majority (75%) of respondents said is work is “off limits” on their trip.
- Survey respondents indicated the importance of fine dining options and luxury accommodations.
- 98 percent of people surveyed who took a romantic trip said they enjoyed their trip and 95 percent said they would take another trip within a year.
Oshkosh is a great destination for travelers of all ages. The research is something to think about as we market our destination, and it’s worth considering as we choose photos and write promotional copy.