Don’t let social distancing get you down! You may be stuck at home, but there are many activities and services available to keep your mind sharp and active. Here are a few ideas that can help keep you sane during this crazy time.
- Hit the trails and take a hike.
- Bike around Oshkosh and explore places and neighborhoods you’ve never been.
- Keep the dogs active and take them for a walking adventure.
- Go fishing on the Fox River, Lake Winnebago, or Lake Butte des Mortes
- Get your body moving! Utilize at-home workouts on YouTube, practice yoga, go for a jog, stretch, do jumping jacks, or dance to music in your living room. Whatever you need to do to get your blood flowing, do it.
- Be stewards of our city and help keep our community clean by picking up some roadside trash. But make sure to use caution and be safe doing so!
- Drive around and check out Oshkosh’s Historical sites.
- Check out the YMCA's Virtual Wellness page for some workouts and free resources to get you moving. Follow the YMCA's YouTube Channel for more videos and team up with your friends to stay even more active by joining the Stay Health-Y 600 Free Fitness Challenge (join with code STAYHEALTHY).
Enjoy the restaurant experience at home
- Enjoy a delicious meal from one of many Oshkosh restaurants. Local eateries are staying open by offering curbside pickup or delivery. You can find a list of these places here!
- Have your own beer tasting at home. Bare Bones Brewery and Fifth Ward Brewery are providing carryout options and refilling growlers.
Support local businesses virtually
- Support businesses virtually by purchasing items online or tuning into live streams via Facebook and Youtube. Adventure Games & Hobby streams Hobby Night Live on their Facebook page so make sure to give them a follow to see what they’re up to!
- Stream a show at The Grand! The Grand will schedule on a dedicated YouTube channel called: The Grand at Home, which is part of The Grand’s ArtREACH. Subscribe to their channel here.
- The Backlot Comedy House is broadcasting live shows on their Facebook Page.
- Spread the love and leave some positive reviews for local businesses. They need you now more than ever!
- Whip out those board games and enjoy some friendly competition with the family.
- Binge-watch some shows you have saved on your watchlist.
- Read! Do you have an Oshkosh Public library card? Download the app, Hoopla. Hoopla is a digital library that allows you to download movies, audiobooks, ebooks, comics, and even music for free with your library card. Libby is another great digital library app that allows you to download ebooks and audiobooks.
- Dig out that 1,000-piece puzzle from your closet and get to work!
- Connect with friends virtually! Stay in touch with family and friends through FaceTime and Google Hangouts. Did you know Netflix is offering a feature called Netflix Party where you can watch a show online with friends? Check it out!
- The Fire Escape is providing Art At Home Boxes! These exciting boxes come with everything you need to get those creative juices flowing including paint and brushes. For more information on these boxes, check out their Facebook page and order your box online here!
How are you social distancing? We’d love to know!