Thanks to Leslie Knope and the popular show Parks and Rec, Galentine's Day is the unofficial holiday on February 13th set aside for celebrating the gal pals in your life! (Watch Season 2 episode 16 “Galentine’s Day” for a good laugh.) Whether you plan to catch up with your friends, surprise your bestie with a fun little gift, or even treat yourself - here’s 5 ways to celebrate Galentine’s Day in Oshkosh!
1. Grab a Classic Brunch with the Girls!
Brunch is always a good idea. Catch up with a friend you haven't seen in awhile over a mimosa, or meet up with your mom for a girls day and some hot cakes! Venture to Downtown Oshkosh for a scrumptious brunch at Bar 430 and be sure to try their specialty french toast, the Santa Fe Burrito, or the Hangover Pizza! Head south of Oshkosh and grab Sunday breakfast at TJ’s Harbor! Choose from a variety of breakfast specialties and brunch cocktails including bloody mary's, mimosas, iced coffees, and more! If you’re looking for some entertainment after brunch, head to The Mineshaft for their Sunday Brunch Buffet and hit up the game room for some friendly competition after! Or check out Oshkosh's newest breakfast and brunch spot - Good Yolk Cafe. Explore a wide variety of menu items: Pancakes, waffles, crepes, omelets, skillets, french toasts... you get the point. For a full list of Brunch Spots in Oshkosh check out our recent blog!
2. Shop Downtown Oshkosh!
Whether you’re shopping for yourself, or planning to purchase something for your bestie, you’re sure to find fun gifts in Downtown Oshkosh! Stop by Elsewhere Market & Coffeehouse and grab a deliciously good smelling candle and a cute card! Stay downtown and visit the many shops including Market Boutique on Main, Brinkley's Boutique, 2 Blondes, 01 Vintage, Soiree, and many more local shops for some cute Galentine’s Day gifts.
3. Plan a Night Out!
There's so many things to do in Oshkosh:
- Grab drinks at one of the many bars or restaurants in Oshkosh!
- Bring a friend or special someone for an evening at the Oshkosh Public Museum on Feb. 9th. The OPM will provide the hors d’oeuvres and history!
- Bring your bestie and paint each other a mug at the new Fire Escape Art Studio on Oregon St!
- Head to The Howard on February 14th for a Valentine's day dinner, concert and dancing with the Wisconsin Jazz Orchestra. This event features talented musicians and artists across Central Wisconsin and the Fox Valley. Learn more!
- Grab a craft cocktail from Oshkosh's only distillery - Sturgeon Spirits! They are celebrating their one year anniversary and you won't want to miss this fun event!
- Go to Becket's for the Fall in LOVE with Handmade Urban Craft Fair event! The event is held on February 10th from 10 AM to 2 PM with over 40 vendors and live music, a portion of the booth fees will be dedicated to The Oshkosh Area Humane Society.
- Spend Tuesday, February 13th at Galentine's Day with Bowenstreet Makers Market! Tarot readings, V-Day themed nails, tinsel hair, flower bouquets/crowns, charcuterie snacks and V-Day themed n/a beverages - with more details to come, learn more here!
- Head to a comedy show! Grab a beer and get ready to laugh at the Who's On Fifth Stand-Up Comedy Show at Fifth Ward Brewing Company on Feb. 9th.
4. Plan a Night In!
Don’t feel like leaving the house to celebrate with your gal pals? Not a problem! Head to Adventure Games and Caramel Crisp in Downtown Oshkosh and grab some fun board games to play! Pick up some delicious meats, cheeses, wine, and treats from the Wagner Market and the Oshkosh Co-Op and build your own heart shaped charcuterie board! Check out our blog post and learn how to assemble your own fun charcuterie board.
5. Stay for a Weekend of Fun!
Celebrate with your Galentine’s all weekend long and spend the weekend in Oshkosh! Take the weekend to relax and unwind in one of our many hotels in Oshkosh. Shop til you drop with your sweetest friends, enjoy a bite to eat, or use the weekend away to simply unplug and catch up!
Stay the night in Oshkosh—click here for overnight options!