Oshkosh Farmers Market: Winter Market
The Oshkosh Saturday Farmers Market announces the opening of the Winter Market 2020-21.
The Winter Market will open at the Oshkosh Convention Center on November 14 at 8am and feature the first of four Oshkosh Farmers Market & Holiday Bazaars.
Markets in November, December & January will be held at the Oshkosh Convention Center located at
Due to COVID-19 the market will be quite different this year:
Market Manager, Michelle Schmid-Schultz stated that, "The market will continue to support the agricultural and the local community by moving the market indoors with significant changes in set up and hours.”
The Market will feature 4 regular farmers markets from 8am – 12:30pm and 4 holiday bazaars (featuring over 50 vendors to include many local artists and crafters) from 8am – 3pm. The Winter Market will open at 8am vs. 9am to provide those with health concerns a safer hour of shopping. The Winter Market will be providing extended hours at the Holiday Bazaars (until 3pm) to spread out attendance so that social distancing can be observed in the vendor area. The market will be limiting the capacity, in the main market area, to 50%.
Additional information is located here on the website. The most current Oshkosh Farmers Market information can be found on the market’s Facebook page (search Oshkosh Farmers Markets).
Farmers markets in Wisconsin are exempted from closing and from mass gathering restrictions instituted as a result of COVID-19. Farmers markets, like big box stores, are considered an essential resource. They may prove to be even more important if larger supply chains are disrupted leading to shortages of agricultural products we produce locally.
The Oshkosh Saturday Farmers Market is working diligently to ensure the market is safe for customers, staff, volunteers and vendors.
Changes to the Oshkosh Saturday Farmers Market-Winter include the following:
- At this time there will be no musicians, activities or special events in the main market area. But will be present for market attendees that are waiting in to enter the market.
- The Winter Market will be limiting capacity to 50%, including shoppers and vendors in the main market area and will adapt if stricter guidelines are put into place.
- All vendors will be separated by a 6-foot minimum from the vendor next to them.
- Please practice social distancing of 6-foot when attending or waiting to enter the market area.
- Masks will be required per mandates.
- Product sampling will not be allowed at this time.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the market and at each vendor for customer use.
- Pets are not allowed, with the exception of service dogs.
- Public seating areas for eating and drinking are set up outside of the main market area, in the lobby.
- NO food is to be consumed in the main market area. Vendors are permitted to have lunch in their booth but may not leave their booth with food.
- There will be a separate area set up to enjoy breakfast, lunch or to get a beverage away from the main floor of the market.
- Limit shoppers per household. Pre-Orders for pick up with your favorite vendors are highly recommended. A vendor list is available on the website or by emailing the market. Those customers with a paid receipt for their pick-up order that day will be permitted into an express entrance line.
If you are planning on attending the farmers market, we ask that you adhere to our Public Safety Practices:
- If you are not feeling well or have been in contact with someone who is sick, please stay home. Cover coughs and sneezes when out in public.
- NO food is to be consumed inside the main market area.
- Create a shopping list prior to attending the market to avoid lingering at vendor stands.
- Be aware of your surroundings and practice safe social distancing.
- The wearing of face masks is required. Michael Cooney, Oshkosh Farmers Market -Board Chair stated that, "The market is requiring that all shoppers utilize a facemask while at the market. Face masks will be available at the entrance and from a number of vendors."
- Utilize the hand sanitizing stations frequently.
- Please smile and be kind to one another. Be patient with vendors and the “new normal”; as we are all in this together and doing the best we can.