Oshkosh Corporation and SAE International are partnering to bring over 1200 engineering students from the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Brazil to Oshkosh this coming weekend, May 4-7 at the Sunnyview Expo Center.
- During the competition, students will showcase off-road vehicles, which they designed and built, and compete on a course created by Oshkosh Corp. engineers.
- This event is unique because it presents students with real-life engineering challenges. Students are judged on the design, planning, manufacturing and performance of their team vehicles while also honing their collaboration, communication, project management, budgeting and so many other skills.
- We are thrilled to welcome these students to Oshkosh as they discover all that our community has to offer!
- With Oshkosh Corporation being an industrial technology company and leading innovator of purpose-built vehicles and equipment, their sponsorship and involvement in this event is a great fit!
- Oshkosh Corp.’s team members have been planning for months, including Oshkosh engineers who designed and built the endurance event racetrack. Many other Oshkosh team members are volunteering at the event – truly highlighting their commitment to our community.
- What’s also neat is that many of the engineers planning and volunteering at this event participated in SAE events like this while they were in college – so it’s a really special way to help develop future engineers, while giving back to the communities in which they live and work today!
- We hope they have a great event and enjoy their time in Oshkosh…and maybe even come back in the future to discover even more of Oshkosh!
ABOUT SAE INTERNATIONAL
SAE International is a global association of more than 128,000 engineers and related technical experts in the aerospace, automotive and commercial-vehicle industries. Their core competencies are life-long learning and voluntary consensus standards development.