Mary Jewell Park

ABOUT

Mary Jewell Park is located on the corner of Oshkosh Avenue and Eagle Street. Currently, the existing baseball field is the park's largest asset. Park size: 4.64 acres Mary Jewell Park was named for Mary Jewell Sawyer, wife of Edgar Sawyer, prominent businessman and philanthropist. She was active in Oshkosh cultural circles and died in 1910. This land once belonged to the Jewell family. The city purchased it for a park in 1919 in exchange for land across the street and to the east. Now called West Algoma Park, the park initially was donated by Sawyer in 1916 in memory of his wife, but the city wanted the land for a school. The school was never built.

MAP

AMENITIES

General
General
  • Family Friendly:
  • Price:
    • Free
  • Region:
    • South of the Fox River
Sports
  • Baseball & Softball: