Many plane enthusiasts will be in town for EAA AirVenture 2022 from July 25 to July 31. While in Oshkosh, check out these local places & get a taste of what Oshkosh has to offer!
Home to Oshkosh Wisconsin is Lake Winnebago. Wading at 137,700 acres, Lake Winnebago is the largest lake in the State of Wisconsin & one of the largest fresh water lakes in America! This lake covers an area of 30 miles by 10 miles and includes about 88 miles of fantastic shoreline! Looking for a smaller body of water? Explore the fresh waters of the Fox River instead! Here's how to enjoy Oshkosh's water:
- Rent a Kayak or Stand-up Paddle Board at Menominee Park or Midwest Rentals!
- Go Boating! Rent a boat HERE
- Go Fishing
- Scout out the Asylum Lighthouse or Bray's Point Lighthouse
Our Restaurant Guide features all local restaurants where we suggest you grab a bite to eat! Filter your choices to fit your desired cuisine!
Want to taste an authentic local fish fry? Check out our list of Friday Fish Frys here in Oshkosh!
Be sure to make one of these places a stop on your route! Experience Wisconsin's locally crafted beer, wine, and more!
On tap this week at the Fox River Brewing Company is the Private Plane Pale Ale! Brewed to be crisp and crushable this dip hopped pale ale is perfect for the heat of July and August. Featured on the hop side is a new staple, El Dorado, and an experimental hop, described as fruit cup flavored, to bring on a refreshing fruity and tropical character. 3.5° LOVIBOND | 5.5% ABV | 23.3 IBUS
While your in town, many locals are putting on events for you to attend! Catch a band at these restaurants & bars! Take a break from the hustle and enjoy the sounds of the musicians during EAA AirVenture week!
- Mandy Mae at Fox River Brewing Company
- Michael Sullivan at Dockside Tavern
- Karaoke with Casey at The Hangar Patio
- Dalene Fox at Fox River Brewing Company
- Happy Hour Heroes at TJ's Harbor
- Kenny James Duo at Dockside Tavern
- Seth James at Revs Bowl
- Oshkosh Main Street Music Festival
- Wayne Neumann at The Hangar Patio
- Kitty Corona at Dockside Tavern
- Soul Revival at Game Time Sports Bar
- Wayne Neumann at Fox River Brewing Company
- Chris Okkerse at Parker John's BBQ
- Mike Sullivan at Fox River Brewing Company
- Rob Anthony at TJ's Harbor
- Seth James Duo at Dockside Tavern
- The Jazz Orgy at Fletch's Local Tap House
Check out our Events page to see everything happening this week! But, here are some to highlight!
- Brews on the Bay — July 27
- Mixology Class —July 28
- Yoga in the Vineyard —July 28
- Ducky Days at Pollack Community Waterpark —July 28
- Oshkosh Farmers Market —July 30
- Oshkosh Main Street Music Festival —July 29 - July 31
Looking for something fun to do? Take a pedal tour around downtown Oshkosh on the NEW Oshkosh Brew Bike. It's a unique 14-seat, pedal-powered bike. Enjoy a leisurely ride with a beer in hand, while pedaling, listening to music and sightseeing with friends! Oshkosh Brew Bike is now booking! Reserve your spot on the pedal tavern on the Oshkosh Brew Bike website!
Do you need to show off that you were in Oshkosh to all of your friends back home? Check out these local shops selling Oshkosh apparel! (I'm sure people back home would love if you got them a souvenir too!)
Sometimes mother nature isn't on our side. Although we cannot control a stormy day, we can sure make the most of it! We all know the weather wants to make you curl up and watch a movie, but you are in Oshkosh—so get out and keep exploring! Check out things to do on a rainy day HERE!
Stay the night in Oshkosh—click here for overnight options!